I honestly have no idea how I came up with this but i’m so happy I did. Chickpeas are literally good for EVERYTHING. Chickpeas are a great source of carbs and protein, and are really good for aiding in digestion. This wrap reminds me of a BBQ chicken wrap but with a much more delicious plant based touch. It’s light, slightly sweet, and super savory. Make it, enjoy it, love it, alright?
On another note, this Simple Girl BBQ sauce is everything. It’s sweet, smokey, and full of flavor. It’s also gluten free, vegan, AND sweetened with stevia. I’m so about it. Most of the time, sauces and salad dressings are filled with crap but we all buy them anyway because they’re easy & convenient. This stuff though, this is a game changer. It’s made with whole food ingredients so you don’t have to feel like you’re putting nasty preservatives into your body. Go grab some for yourself here.
Along with BBQ sauce, they also have sweet mustard, spices, and tons of salad dressings. I can’t WAIT to try them alllll. Simple Girl, you’ve done it right.
Barbecue Chickpea Wrap
- 1 can of chickpeas
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 stalk of celery
- 4 pieces of lettuce (I used romaine)
- 3 whole wheat tortillas
- “Simple Girl” BBQ sauce
- Open your can of chickpeas and rinse & dry them. When dry, put them into your food processor.
- Cut up all of your vegetables, then throw them in your food processor as well.
- Blend the ingredients until they are chopped up into small pieces.
- Once mixed, stuff your tortillas with the mixture and evenly distribute the lettuce to each wrap.
- When they are all wrapped up, serve with BBQ sauce as a dip.