Hi guys! Since Christmas is right around the corner and cookie parties are in full swing, I decided to share my favorite Easy Vegan Sugar Cookies. These cookies are LEGIT – just ask my sweets-obsessed mom who inhaled 4 in about 1 minute. They are chewy, soft, and sweet enough to cure any bad day. If you want a foolproof plan, double the recipe to make one batch for yourself and another for your fam.
All of the ingredients included in this recipe can be found in any grocery store, and the entire recipe process from start to finish will land you at about 30 minutes. As somebody who cooks all day and loves to make new things, I hate complicated recipes. While I understand that sometimes it’s a necessity, most of the time things can be made simpler. When creating this recipe, I knew I wanted it to be super easy and hassle-free. Thus, the 30 minute Easy Vegan Sugar Cookie came to life.
While I believe that everything is better with a little frosting, top these cookies with whatever your heart desires! I whipped up a simple frosting out of powdered sugar, a little almond milk, and food dye – but store bought frosting works just as well. If you’re trying to keep these vegan, just make sure you check the frosting ingredients if you plan on buying. Most of the time all frosting is vegan-friendly (unless it’s buttercream). After these came out of the oven, I left half of the batch unfrosted for those who aren’t frosting lovers (or the people who just don’t like fun) and frosted the other half. I went a little crazy on the sprinkles but feel free to do whatever your heart desires! I could picture these looking great with sprinkle patterns – think stripes going across the cookies.
If you don’t want to go through all that hassle, however, feel free to leave them unfrosted and serve as is. They are still mighty delicious, soft, and irresistible.
Vegan Christmas Cookies
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/3rd cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup + 1 Tbsp earth balance (or other nondairy butter)
- 1/4th cup + 2 T almond milk
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4th tsp salt
- 1 vanilla
- 2 cups of flour
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together the nondairy butter and sugar with a mixer until they’re completely combined.
- Next, add the almond milk, baking soda, salt, and vanilla.
- Sift the flour over the other ingredients, and mix until a batter forms.
- Get your rolling surface ready by spreading some flour so that the dough does not stick. Next, grab the dough and use a rolling pin to roll it into a thin layer.
- Once the dough is rolled out flat, cut your cookies into shapes using cookie cutters.
- Once they’re cut out, bake them at 350 degrees for around 10 minutes.
- When the cooking time has elapsed, take the cookies out and let them cool.
- Lastly, I used a mixture of powdered sugar, food coloring, and nondairy milk to make a frosting (around 2 cups of frosting to a few tbsps of milk). Truthfully, I just kept playing with the ratios until I got the right consistency. Feel free to purchase frosting as well to make this step a breeze!
If you guys try out this recipe, please let me know how you liked it. As always, thanks for reading and I hope you guys are enjoying the Christmas season!
If you’re looking for some other (vegan) Christmas cookies to bring to your holiday table, here are a few of my favorites I’ve found on the web: