What’s better then pancakes on a lazy Sunday morning? Not much. While I do love the oatmeal I eat during the week, it gets a little boring. Even though sometimes cooking can seem like a chore, other days I’m really thankful for having enough time to make myself a good meal.
Luckily though, these pancakes only take 5-10 minutes to make soooo you can pretty much make them whenever you please. Even if you’re on a time crunch, these are still a speedy breakfast option. They are whole grain, super nutritious, and incredibly filling. Once you make these they will 100% become a staple in your breakfast recipe rotation.
Easy Vegan Pancakes
Yields: about 16 pancakes (enough for about 3-4 people)
- 2 cups of whole wheat pastry flour (or any flour you have on hand, all purpose works great)
- 1/4 cup of granulated sweetener (I prefer coconut sugar)
- 1 & 1/4 cup almond milk (may need to add a little more depending on the thickness of your batter)
- 1/4th cup of melted coconut oil
- 4 T baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- First, mix your sweetener, flour, salt, and baking powder together in a large bowl.
- Next, add in your almond milk and melted coconut oil.
- Lightly wisk them in until they are evenly combined.
- Once the batter is mixed, if it looks too thin, add a little flour, and if it looks to thick, add a little more almond milk (this really depends based on which flour you use).
- Pour circles of the batter onto a heated (and lightly oiled) skillet. I find that using a ladle to get the batter onto the pan works very efficiently.
- When bubbles start to form on top of the pancakes, they are ready to flip.
- Cook both sides throughly until they are lightly browned.
- Now they are ready to eat, enjoy!