Do you like chipotle? Of course you do. Everyone does, it’s just a known fact. Sadly, as much as I love burrito bowls, going out to eat all of the time can get pretty expensive. That’s why 9 times out of 10, I make burrito bowls for myself at home.
This bowl is 10 times tastier, and 100 times healthier than chipotle. Try this for yourself and see how easy it is to make deliciously healthy food in your very own kitchen.
Healthier Chipotle Burrito Bowl
- 1/2 a can of black beans (about 1 & 1/2 cups)
- 2 cups of chopped peppers
- 1 cup of diced onions
- 1 cup of brown rice
- 1 cups of spinach
- 1/2 chopped avocado
- 1 T olive oil
- First, cook your rice according to the directions. I like to use brown basmati rice and it takes about 40 minutes to cook on the stove. If you’re short on time, minute rice is also a great option.
- While your rice is cooking, wash and chop your peppers and onions so that they are ready to cook.
- Once your peppers and onions are chopped, take your can of black beans and rinse and dry them. Set them aside.
- When the rice is done, divide the contents into two bowls.
- Then, grab a saucepan and grease the bottom with olive oil. Cook the peppers and onions until they are roasted.
- When the onions and peppers are roasted, assemble your burrito bowl. Layer the rice, spinach, onions, peppers, black beans and avocado.
*Feel free to add a protein such as meat, tofu, or more beans.