As the weather is getting warmer, I find myself craving cold treats more and more. Let’s be honest though, my obsession all year round? Ice-cream. I love it SO much. As a kid, I never wanted cupcakes or cake for celebrations, I always chose ice-cream. You can even bet that every year for my birthday I picked out the coolest ie-cream cake you could find.
Now, what if I told you that you could eat ice-cream EVERY day while staying healthy, fit, etc? This banana ice-cream is such a dreammmmm. The consistency is A+, the taste is A+, and the nutrition is A+! All A’s babyyy, how’s that for a report card?
Simply blend up frozen bananas, add in your flavorings, spoon it into a bowl, and layer on the toppings. I love to top my ice-cream with fruit slices, dark chocolate chips, coconut flakes or shreds, granola, chia seeds, chocolate sauce, or anything under the sun! These bowls are so versatile that even the pickiest eaters will love them.
Though this was before I added in the cocoa and sweetener, just look at that creamy, dreamy, delicious ice-cream. It’s honestly really hard to believe that frozen bananas alone can create that consistency. To whoever discovered this miracle & shared it with the world: I love you.
5 Minute Chocolate Banana Ice-cream
Yields: 1-2 servings
- 3-4 frozen bananas
- 1 T cocoa powder
- 1 T coconut sugar (or other sweetener – feel free to omit!)
- 1-2 T almond milk
- scoop of protein powder (optional – I use this one)
- Add 3-4 frozen bananas to your blender or food processor (I use this Vitamix here).
- Add a small splash of almond milk.
- BLEND. If you have to keep adding milk to make it blend (might be the case if using a less high powdered blender), it may turn out a little thinner but still delicious!
- Add in the cocoa, sweetener, and protein.
- Once added, continue to blend until everything is mixed up & super creamy. (*If using a vitamix, I regularly blend in on a low spread first to break up the bananas, then turn up the power and use the tamper to get it creamy*).
- Spoon your ice-cream in to a bowl, and top it with your desired toppings.