Hi guys! Today I am back with Reese Specialty Foods to bring you a summer inspired Mediterranean pizza. This pizza is perfect for warm summer evenings with friends and tastes great when paired with some wine (doesn’t everything?).
Like everyone else in this world, pizza is one of my favorite things so I am always excited to try out new flavors and new topping combinations. There’s just something about warm bread, olive oil, and endless toppings that makes my heart sing. Since I tend to lean toward pizzas with a tomato base, I figured I’d switch it up and go for a pesto + olive oil start.
The pesto and oil combine perfectly with the salty/sweetness of the artichokes, hearts of palm, and olives, while the tomatoes and roasted peppers balance it out for an all-encompassing flavor. If you’re looking for a recipe that will excite ALL of your tastebuds at once, this ones for you!
Mediterranean Pesto Palm Pizza
- 2 dough balls (I used whole wheat dough & added them together for fluffier crust)
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 Tbsp. pesto
- sprinkle of garlic salt
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 2 tomatoes (chopped)
- 6-8 Reese Artichoke Hearts (chopped)
- 8 Reese Sliced Hearts of Palm (chopped)
- 6 large roasted pepper slices (chopped)
- 10 olives (chopped)
- cheese (I used Soy Cheese)
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Roll out your dough into your desired pizza shape and let it rise. (Mine rose in around 30 minutes)
- Add the oil, minced garlic, garlic salt, and pesto to dough.
- Next, add your chopped tomatoes.
- Continue by adding the artichokes & hearts of palm. I sliced mine small so that no piece would be over loaded.
- Add your roasted peppers & olives.
- Layer cheese over the top. (I went with a small amount due to all of the other toppings but feel free to load it up!)
- Cook for 15 minutes or until your crust looks cooked and your cheese is bubbly.
- Once done, let it cool and eat immediately. 🙂