While i’m not a huge sandwich girl, this is one that I could eat every day. Any time that I have these ingredients on hand, I make this for as many meals that I can. Between the hummus and avocado, this has loads of healthy fats and protein. This plant based powerhouse is perfect for bringing to school, work, or anywhere in between. Though this isn’t your typical sandwich (lunch meat, etc.), I can promise that it will please everyone on your list. Its hearty, filling, and endlessly delicious. I always think about making two (;
See how easy this is? Two steps and you’re done! Even the most kitchen-illiterate are able to tackle this one. You don’t need any culinary skills here!
Smashed Avocado Hummus Sandwich
- 2 pieces of wheat spread (I prefer super seedy bread)
- 1/2 of a ripe avocado
- 3 Tbsp hummus
- 4 tomato slices
- a handful of cilantro (not necessary but delicious)
- hot sauce
- Grab your bread and lather one side with hummus. Slice up an avocado and put it on the other side.
- Add a few splashes of hot sauce onto the side with the avocado.
- Next, add thick tomato slices to the hummus, and lettuce & cilantro to the side with the avocado.
- Lastly, pop the two sides of the bread together and your sandwich is ready to eat! Enjoy.